Thursday, January 14, 2010

1st day done...

Today was my first day of chemo.  As I stated before my first round of chemo is being divided between two days as it takes so long for the first time.  Today I received the CHOP part of the R-CHOP.  It went well.  In fact it didn't seem like I was getting chemo...Doug & I laughed and joked around.  I read, did some word puzzles, and joked around some more.  When it was done we went to get Doug's hair cut.  All I kept thinking was 'wow, chemo gets a bad rap - I feel fine'.  HA!!!  About 5:30 I started feeling a little queasy and got really tired.  I tried to lie down, but couldn't sleep, and I hate lying idle if I can't sleep, so I got back up.

Thursday night are my friend and my night to have dinner, hang out, and catch up for the week.  I didn't want to miss that.  I knew he would come over to the house and hang if I really didn't want to go anywhere.  But the truth is, I need to still live, and I wanted to go out to dinner.  The queasiness was still minimal at this point.  And I really enjoyed the dinner and conversation, not only because we always do it but also it was just nice to not think too much about everything. 

Tonight around 9:30 the queasiness became a little less minimal and a little more annoying.  I feel pretty sick to my stomach right now.  I can not even imagine what I would feel like if they had not given me three different anti-nausea medicines!

I'm calling it a night...second half of chemo starts tomorrow morning at 7:40am!!


First day of chemo.  And my new "chemo ready hair-do".

3 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Renee, your 1st day is done! That is fantastic... you are on your way! You have a lot of people thinking about you and continuting to pray for you. Stay strong and stay focused on your recovery, you have started your journey toward it today!

Rachelle said...

I have read your last couple posts and am so proud of you for being able to keep your chin up and look at the positives. KICK ITS ASS!!!!!!