Friday, January 9, 2009

16 Weeks Post Surgery

If you have been following the blog, 1st - thank you, 2nd - you know that my surgery recovery has not been cookie cutter, with having to get a second surgery due to infection. However, I am on the right track now and have been doing great. So below is a breakdown of the recovery process.


  • "Forgetting" cane at home
  • Gate is getting better when I walk - a little less wobbling (more when I am really tired)
  • The hip flexor muscle is getting stronger every day - have some pain at the end of the day from working out, but I attribute that to the fact that a) the muscle had to be cut during surgery and b) I am actually using the muscle again
  • As for the numbness - I still have that on the side of my leg from the hip to the knee, but the numbness in the front is starting to go away
  • Getting in and out of the car is still a little tricky if I don't "think" about what I am doing
  • Squatting down to the floor and getting back up is getting there but not 100% yet
  • My range of motion is getting better
  • I sleep well throughout the night - even on my right side

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm glad my blog has been helpful to you. I wish I had known about yours earlier, sounds like you could have used some extra encouragement during your recovery. Sounds like we're doing about the same right now. Hope all continues to go well!
Cassie