Friday, March 25, 2011

Free at last!!!!!!!

March 25th, 2011 - another very important date for the memory banks...the day a weight was lifted off my shoulders!!  I AM IN REMISSION!!!!  Yes - you read that right!!!  Finally - after a very long year and a half, the doctors have safely announced that I am in REMISSION!!!

When I was walking out of the room at the doctor's today my chemo nurse, Renee (small world) - gave a big hug and congratulated me...I started to cry - not because I am sad, but because I am just so happy.  I have never been the happy crying type - but apparently today I became the type.  Dr. Gareis said "She's crying..." and Renee told her that it was just tears of joy.

I had already had plans to meet with the "Ladies who Lunch" for a tea party for the little girls today.  When I announced the news - my cousin, Nicole ran to her garage and came back with a cake that had the word "Survivor" written on it!  Craziness!!  It is amazing to me that I have this many wonderful people in my life.  I want to thank all of you for all of your kind words, love, and support!!  Even when there were days where I just was out of sorts - I could always count on one of you to say or do something that in your eyes was nothing but in mine was tremendous!!! 

The nurses at the doctors are setting up for me to have my Medi-Port removed.  Next week I will get the call on when that will happen.  And that will officially end this crazy chapter of my life.  And let me tell you - I am very ready to go on to the next chapter!!!  As I am sure D is as well.  I can only imagine the stress that this has had on him as well.  I could not have asked for a more awesome husband though - he has truly been my rock through everything!!


There are many more thank yous to be handed out - just not today...I need to go put on my "Survivor" shirt, drink my 12 year old Jameson that I got in Ireland just for this occasion, and celebrate!!!!

1 comment:

ktdid said...

I'm just so happy for you. I start to tear up everytime I think about it. The next chapter will be way better and hopefully juicier!