Friday, March 4, 2011

3/3/11 PET Scan

Well - the PET Scan results are in...the 12 year old Jameson I had planned on drinking when I heard the "R" word will have to age a little more. 

Unfortunately - the "hot spot" on my left thyroid that has been lighting up and they have been monitoring decided to change a little.  There is an increased activity level since the last scan.  Apparently so much so that my hem-onc would like me to call on Monday to see the surgeon.  She would not venture anything past me seeing the surgeon; which means I don't know anything else past that.  I don't know if the surgery will remove everything or if I will need any type of treatment after surgery.  Right now everything is a blur.  

Sorry to leave everyone with that news.  I will post more once I know.  Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying, thinking good thoughts, etc...I have never felt like I was worthy enough to have the love and support I do have - it has been amazing.

The plan for the weekend is to do some house renovations and keep my mind off of it. 

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh Renee... I know you had high hopes but I know someday you will hear the "r" word. Just keep the faith and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. It is difficult to not know what to expect but just remember there is a bigger plan involved. *hugs*

Erin said...

LOVE YOU

ktdid said...

Love you too! You'll get there but not until it pisses you off a little more.

Unknown said...

Love you girl!! Stay strong, you will kick its ass soon enough! Coffee date soon... oxox