Thursday, March 4, 2010

Last chemo done...

Hello…I’m still here. Sorry I know I am terrible at posting, but to be honest life is pretty boring and there is not much happening. I finished up chemo last Friday, February 26th. I can’t tell you how happy I am about this. Especially since this last treatment has really beaten me down. The nausea has been a little much. I have Zofran to take for the nausea but I haven’t taken it since my first treatment…it causes the worst headaches and I would rather be nauseous.

Like I said life is kind of boring right now. Sometimes boring can be good, but I am so ready to be back into life. I have been able to get to the gym here and there (pretty much the week before the next chemo treatment) and it has been a teaser for me. I love going to the gym. The weather is starting to show glimmers of spring which brings a smile to my face. Spring brings new life…things will soon be blooming, my Special Olympics Tennis will be starting, and radiation will begin. I can not wait to see my athletes again and start training. I just pray I have the energy to keep up; but I have an awesome assistant coach and support system, so I am sure all will be bueno!!!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the radiation doctor at Oakwood Cancer Center. I feel good about Oakwood because Dr. Milito specializes in mouth and throat cancers and takes special precautions in regards to the side effects. I am very anxious to get all of the information and get the next phase started!!!

So that’s what has been up…not much of anything. Still fighting, still trying to stay strong!!

1 comment:

Lindsay Najdek said...

YAY!!! Glad everything seems to be going well for you. That's awesome your going to Oakwood for your radiation. Dr. Milito is GREAT!!! You will love him :) You finished chemo the same day my mom did - what a great day that was for the both of you. Now it's nothing but up from here.
Take care and keep your spirits up :)