Friday, February 20, 2009

Pitty party over

I am done with my pity party! Quite frankly pity parties aren't my bag! I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and that God only give you what you can handle (damn, he has a lot of faith in me). With that said...everyone deserves one day to be "off" and feel down - the next day is a new day and time to move on.

I had another post-op appointment with Goodspeed yesterday. I am not exactly sure what I was hoping to get out of that appointment - I guess I was hoping to go in, tell him about the muscle pain and weakness, and for him to say "Ah, I see. Here is what is wrong, and here is how we can fix it". That did not happen. He told be that the bones look great and from a surgical aspect I am right where I should be. My range of motion has increased since December (last appointment) and the strength tests that they do improved. Heck, my range of motion is better in my PAO hip then it is in my left (but that hip is next for surgery). Goodspeed said the only thing he could think is that I have a labrum tear. He did not see one during the PAO surgery, but said it could have happened since. The only way to know is to do a scope which he will not do until I get my screws removed at the 9 month mark. My 9 month mark is June.

I also had PT that day. I had my pity moment with Paul and voiced my frustration. But then the old Renee came through. I told him that if Goodspeed says I shouldn't be having pain and everything looks good - then it is time to kick it into high gear and fight through the pain. Goodspeed let Paul know that we could start doing more aggressive exercises. He also said I could start jogging at 6 months (March 16th...but who's counting). We did some new exercises - some hurt like a bitch, but I did them.

As you will find I have a lot of beliefs or philosophies. I truly believe overcoming things is part ability and part mind over matter. If you have it in your head that you're going to fail, well, then you most likely will. But if you have it in your head that you can overcome the obstacle - you will!! Positive thinking can be hard sometimes - but it is a key element in the healing and recouping process.

No comments: