Thursday, September 4, 2008

Less than two weeks and counting...

I think that the last two weeks before surgery are going to be brutal!! They seem like they are moving so slow, but then again I feel like I have so much to do. I "googled" PAO surgery and found quite a few blogs of people who are going through or went through the same thing. In a way it has been a comfort to know that there are other people like me. I came across Beth's blog. She has been very helpful, even emailed me to let me know of a group on yahoo called the "hipsters". I logged on and found a wonderful list of items to get or do for surgery prep. Some things I would have never thought of!

This weekend I plan to go get some of the items including silky PJ's (again would have never thought of this) because they said the silky ones help you to move in and out of bed better. My friend has a shower chair for me and I have a potty seat lift.

My other form of prep is that of keeping my sanity. I do soooo many things now like tennis, mountain biking, kayaking that I am very afraid that I will go stir crazy. I love to knit so I have stocked up on projects. If all goes well, many people will be happy this Christmas.

I also went to the podiatrist to see about what I thought was corn removed. Turns out it is a bone sticking out!! Then he also pointed out that the protrusions by my big toes were bunions. WTF!!! I though only old ladies got bunions, I am 27 years old!!! It is because of my flat feet. He wants me to have surgery to correct them, as it will only get worse as I get older. UGH! Another surgery. I tried to get them to do that surgery and my PAO at the same time, but they will not. So I am now facing another surgery...UGH

So anyway...that is where I am, just continuing the prep work until the big day.

No comments: